Monday, March 19, 2007

Catalysts for Conversations

Conversations work best in peer relationships. These articles come from a peer to peers, not from a professional authority speaking ex cathedra. My desire is that you read, you thihk, you share, you converse and allow the Spirit of God to guide you into all truth (John 16:13). Let the Spirit of God take you to the insights and truths that will facilitate your personal growth and soul construction.

These articles are the product of my personal study which has been influenced significantly be the writings of Leanne Payne, Henri Nouwen, Bill Johnson, Oswald Chambers, Erwin McMannus and many others. I have endeavored to document the articles where I can, but many of my thoughts are a rewording of the ideas of another writer so that it communicates with me. There is no intent to not give credit where credit is due. But once the Holy Spirit has communicated the idea into my heart and soul, it becomes difficult to know anything more than perhaps the origins of the seed thought. Howard Hendricks, told us as a young seminary students: "Graze everyman's pasture, but give your own milk." I pray that what you read is like fresh milk to your soul.

Oswald Chambers wrote in My Utmost For His Highest:

"Struggle to reexpress some truth of God to yourself, and God will use that expression to someone else...You must struggle to get expression experimentally, then there will come a time when that expression will become the very wine of strengthening to someone else...Try to state to yourself what you feel implicitly to be God's truth, and you give God a chance to pass it on to someone else through you...The author who benefits you most is not the one who tells you something you did not know before, but the one who gives expression to the truth that has been dumbly struggling in you for utterance."

The Holy Spirit and Chambers words have guided me in what you will read in this Blog.

My prayer is that these articles will stimulate the thinking of people who truly hunger for authentic Christian spirituality. Perhaps the Spirit might use one or more of the thoughts presented here as a catalyst for one or more readers. Then these readers might come forward to lead a mighty new reformation of a lot of other people who will make a mighty difference in the years to come.

Feel free to duplicate the articles for use in small groups. I invite your comments and thoughts so send them to http://waylon@mercymatters.com. I can be reached by phone at 214-415-3486.

No comments: